Recent Water Damage Posts
How Does a Pack-Out Work After a Property Disaster?
pack out services from SERVPRO West Miami
Our pack-ins are tailored to original records so that your space looks "Like it never even happened."
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning after storm damage, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can conduct an organized, efficient pack-out of the affected area. Pack-out will provide several benefits such as a quicker remodeling process and protection of your items from potential damage.
By itemizing, recording, and relocating your contents to a secure location, the pack-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process.
- Protecting items from potential damage.
- Provide extensive restoration to contents.
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage.
The pack-out process usually consists of six steps:
- Video and photograph the job site.
- Perform an initial scope & job estimate.
- Electronically inventory items.
- Pack, tag, inventory, and sort clean and claim items.
- Move to a warehouse, clean, deodorize, and repack.
- Claim list suggestions from the customer.
- Pack-in: Move items back to the customer's property after remodel.
When restoration is completed, SERVPRO will work with you to coordinate the move-in/pack-in according to your needs. Our pack-ins are tailored to original records so that your space looks "Like it never even happened."
Keep in mind:
- After the initial inspection, we will let you know whether or not an item can be restored. You will find that most items can be brought to preloss condition. All contents will be inspected and any pre-existing damage will be documented before being packed out and restored. Our electronic documentation helps to estimate the losses and facilitates the filing of your insurance claim.
- When the transportation begins, items will be loaded and secured in a covered box truck using pads and the appropriate packing protocols.
- Small items will be individually wrapped in paper, boxed, labeled, and inventoried. This includes kitchen utensils, dishes, pots, storage containers, etc.
- Large items like upholstery and wooden furniture will be carefully inspected, often using high-intensity light to detect all damages that existed before the disaster.
- In some cases, affected items are cleaned in place to prevent acidic residues from causing any further damage.
- If an item does not require packing out, it will be secured and protected while structural repairs are made to the property.
- The restoration process is constantly monitored and you will be informed of the status of your claim before the items are ready to be sent back to your property.
- You will receive a copy of every inventory sheet with noted preexisting damage.
SERVPRO processes and returns contents as quickly and conveniently as possible while caring for your items as if they were our own. Contact SERVPRO of West Miami after a disaster to make sure you are getting the best care!
How Restoration Professionals Repair Water Damage
SERVPRO Professional air blowers drying water damaged business
Water damaged homes are no DIY project. Call the professionals at SERVPRO for the water restoration services needed.
SERVPRO offers West Miami residents proven methods for rapid water damage restoration
When you have water damage within your West Miami home, SERVPRO has multiple strategies for removing standing water and efficiently ensuring your interior dries. We make it “Like it never even happened,” so that your home gets Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned when all is said and done.
We utilize several methods and tools to help with water damage restoration in Coral Gables. We may use one or more of these actions to get the results you deserve:
- Powerful Pumps – Our Green Fleet comes stocked with equipment like high-pressure extractors and electric submersible pumps to pull up as much water as possible in a short period.
- Industrial-Grade Vacuums – Having portable vacuums handy to move around your property to pull up water is crucial for results. Quite often, we use our wet vacs in conjunction with attachments to get into all areas.
- Specialized Attachments – We use wands and other attachments that make our submersible pumps and vacuums even more useful. They allow us to get into smaller spaces so that no moisture gets left behind.
Water damage restoration is best when left to skilled water restoration technicians (WRT). Call on our team at SERVPRO of West Miami when you need someone at your door and ready to get to work at a moment’s notice. We can be reached for 24/7 emergency service by calling (786) 789-3963.
Water Damage And the Insurance Process
Call SERVPRO of West Miami today at 786-789-3963!
Water damage and insurance at your property in the Coral Gables can be a confusing process.
Different types of water damage are insured by different types of policies.
Homeowners and renters insurance provides coverage for burst pipes, wind driven rain and damage resulting from ice dams on your roof. Generally speaking, water that comes from the top down—such as rainfall and burst sprinklers—is covered by a standard homeowners policy.
Some policies cover sewer and drain backups, but many do not; however, you can purchase a sewer backup rider to your homeowners or renters coverage.
Typically, water that comes from the bottom up—such as an overflowing river—is covered by a separate flood insurance policy, which can be purchased from the federal government’s National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), and from some private insurers. If you live in a flood prone area, learn more about appropriate coverage.
Properly maintaining a home is one of the best ways to prevent water damage from water disasters.
SERVPRO of West Miami is here for all of your restoration needs.
Common Sources of Commercial Water Damage
Flooded Downtown City Street
Your Coral Gables, FL, building can be affected by water damage from a variety of sources, from a broken pipe to severe weather. This is a common problem that should be taken care of quickly to prevent secondary damage from occurring. The following are a few ways in which you could experience this.
1. Backed Up Plumbing
Backups in your toilets and sinks can result in damage involving contaminated water. One reason that this can happen is simply from disposing of items in the wrong way. Only flush toilet paper down the toilet, and put up signs reminding others to do the same. You should also avoid pouring food or grease down any sinks.
2. Damaged Pipes
A damaged or broken pipe can keep water from draining properly and may also result in water filling your building. These should be checked regularly to prevent serious problems. Replace your pipes if they are getting too old.
Even small leaks can cause problems for your business. They can cost you money in the form of higher water bills and can contribute to the growth of mold. They can also cause damage to building materials. Have water repair done to fix leaks as soon as you spot them.
4. Fire Sprinklers
Fire sprinklers are a great way to keep your building safe in the event of a fire. However, they can cause some problems as well. The water used by these devices can cover large areas of your building, resulting in damage to equipment and the surrounding area. If they are not working correctly, they may cause flooding even when there is not a fire.
Performing regular inspections and keeping your building maintained can help prevent damage from a broken pipe or other water sources. If you do experience damage, it is a good idea to contact a professional water damage remediation company that can perform both cleanup and repairs. This will help return your building to its previous condition more quickly.
Why SERVPRO for Water Damage Cleanup
flooded downtown streets in Miami Florida
SERVPRO of West Miami is trained to safely clean and restore your customer's home, utilizing the following procedures:
- Identify the Source/Type of Water
- Measure Temperature and Humidity for Drying Analysis
- Survey the Extent of Damage and Inspect the Premises
- Perform Emergency Water Extraction
- Move and Block Furniture
- Provide Floor Service
- Inspect Carpet Pad/Carpet and Provide Service
- Apply Necessary Treatments
- Utilize Drying Equipment and Monitor Drying
- Dispose of Refuse
About SERVPRO of West Miami
SERVPRO of West Miami specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
For help restoring your home or business after a water loss, call SERVPRO of West Miami at (786) 789-3963. We’ll make it “Like it never even happened.”
Plumbing Issues in Commercial Buildings
Plumbing Issues in Commercial Buildings
Plumbing Issues in Commercial Buildings
Plumbing issues come in all shapes and sizes, and you never know when they will appear. Toilets, in particular, cause their share of problems. A toilet overflow in Coral Gables, FL, has the potential to result in several issues:
- Water spilling out onto the flooring
- Water seeping into wood or tile flooring
- Water filtering through to the ceiling below
- Contaminated or black water causing safety issues
A non-working toilet is also an inconvenience to employees and customers. A toilet flood is both an aesthetic issue and a health concern and could require the services of a professional water remediation team.
A toilet overflow comes with several potential health concerns. Any time there is water damage, the extra moisture creates favorable conditions for mold growth. Some people are especially sensitive to mold, which is both an irritant and an allergen. Standing water should be removed as soon as possible and should be treated by workers trained in mold mitigation techniques. Also, any time time the source of a water leak is from the toilet there is a possible concern with contaminated water. Dirty water could contain harmful bacteria and other substances that should not be touched by untrained workers without access to personal protective equipment such as gloves.
Another issue in a commercial building is when a toilet will not stop flushing. This happens when the flushometer keeps running, resulting in a constant flushing action. The steps to stop a toilet from flushing are complicated enough that you might want to call in a licensed plumber. If a water spills out into the floor, you might need a professional cleanup. Water damage technicians will bring in specialized equipment to remove and extract all water and will dry out the area to ensure the humidity level is back to normal. A fast response helps limit the amount of damage caused by a toilet overflow and prevents mold growth.
Faster To Any Disaster
SERVPRO West Miami Available 24/7/365
Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Commercial water damage affecting your business can be very scary. As much as 50% of businesses never recover from an unexpected disaster. That's where we come in.
When you choose a water cleanup or fire cleanup provider, you want to make sure you select someone you can trust. When you choose SERVPRO of Brickell, you're choosing a company that's licensed, insured, and has a trusted reputation among the community.
Our team will arrive onsite within an hour to help mitigate damage and get right to work with water extraction if needed.
We will be with you every step of the way, and we will work to always do the right thing. It's our guarantee!
Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We're the guys that hospitals, restaurants, HOAs, medical buildings and clinics, and others choose to do their emergency water cleanup.
We can be reached at 786-789-3963, 24/7/365.